Friday, July 11, 2008

My First CVS Trip!


(Notes to self:  First, don't take your husband with you when you are trying to take your time and find the best deals.  Plus he adds lots of stuff to the basket that are not deals!  Secondly, don't go late in the week because they don't have anything left!)

First of all, I just discovered this whole thing this week and I owned zero coupons!  I was so saddened that I had missed this past Sunday paper with the P & G coupons!  Luckily, a sweetheart on the local freecycle gave me her coupons (a few already cut out, but it's better than none)!  I am so wishing that I had several copies like the experts that already do this!  But, I guess it's good to start out small since I'm still learning the ropes.  Here's how I did:

1st transaction:
Olay face wash: 7.99
-$2 P & G
Olay bodywash:  5.99
-$1 P & G
Olay moisturizer:  6.99 
(no coupon but I was out and really needed this)
-$4/$20 coupon
Total:  $15.16
ECB's earned:  $10

2nd transaction:
2 Dawn 2/$2  
(no coupon, but still good deal)
(earned $1 ECB)
2 Febreeze @ 3.99 each
1 Febreeze Air Effects
-1 B1G1 
(earned $5 ECB)
CVS Towelette  2.99
-$2 CVS skincare
(earned $1 ECB 
Playtex Sport $4.99
-$1 printable
(earned $3 ECB)
Orbit gum
(added at the end to bring total to $10)
-$3/$15 coupon
Total:  $10.00
Used $10.00 ECB
$0 OOP + earned $10.00 ECB for next time!!

Total:  $15.16 OOP & 10 ECB
That's $44.24 in products for $15.16 OOP & $10 ECB!

I know some of you experts out there could have done way better, but I'm excited about what I did!  Thanks to everyone out there who posted their finds!  I couldn't have gotten these deals without them!  I can't wait for next week!

1 comment:

LINDA BARES said...

I think you did great for your first trip. The very first trip is usually the one that you have to pay the most oop to get you started. But now you have $10 ecb to roll, so your oop will decrese, as you've already found out with your second transaction! I've maybe spent a total of $10 out of pocket and have gotten over $200 worth of products. Love the game!